Our curriculum is aligned with the Australian National Curriculum (ACARA) . in English, Maths, Science, Geography and History. Technology, HPE, The Arts and LOTE are covered in our curriculum as well. The school has redefined its curriculum offerings accordingly to meet the teaching and learning expectations of the Australian National Curriculum (ACARA).
- Integration of Information Communication Technologies (ICT’s) in the classroom
- Individual Support Programs/Individual Curriculum Plans
- Identification Program for Gifted students
- Extension Program
- Information Literacy for Lifelong Learning
- Classroom Music Program
- Instrumental Music Program
- Smart Moves
- Swimming Program
- Specialist Arts Program
- Languages Other Than English (LOTE) - Japanese.
Moorooka State School caters for students in the widest possible manner through both the classroom curriculum and the extra curricular activities available. This includes:
- an outstanding Music Program that caters for students who wish to perform in choirs, ensembles and bands
- sporting and field opportunities which allow students to excel at all levels from local through to national
- national championships and tournaments.
The curriculum at Moorooka State School is also supported and extended through the wide integration of ICTs to assist the teaching and learning process.