Accessible Page Links

Page Tools

Main page Content

Enrolling at our school

There are three stages to enrolling your child at Moorooka State School. These are

1.  Please complete a separate enrolment application (PDF, 466KB)​ for each child enrolling. Send the completed application by post or email. Or deliver it in person to our Administration Officer.

2.  Upon receipt of your application you will be advised of a enrolment interview time with the Deputy Principal or Principal on Tuesday or Thursday morning. Your child will start the following school day after your interview. The child enrolling and the parent/s must be present. The Enrolment Agreement must be completed and signed: which includes media consent, Cyber safety and religious instruction. These forms must be brought along to the school on the day of your enrolment meeting. At this meeting the Deputy will discuss; the details of your enrolment. Responsible Behaviour Plan for students, School Dress Code, Homework Policy, Attendance and Absences Policy will also be discussed.

3.  Once enrolment interview has been conducted and the enrolment forms have been finalised. You are able to organise uniforms, books and fees that need to be paid. Your child will then start Monday of the following week.  

2019 Prep enrolments = Please contact the office directly for details on this process.


When you enrol at Moorooka State School, please check that you provide the following with your application of enrolment:

o   Birth Certificate or passport for each child (originals or certified copies)

o   Proof of address (rates

o   Court orders (if applicable)

o   Major Medical reports (if applicable – from GP or specialist)

o   A copy of two current report cards

o   Prep Questionnaire (only for Prep enrolments)


If your child is not born in Australia, you must provide:

o   Evidence of that date of entry into Australia

o   Passport or travel documents

o   Current visa and previous visa (if applicable)

​In addition, if your child is a temporary visa holder you must provide the following documents:

o   Confirmation of enrolment or evidence of permission to transfer provided by Education International (if holding an international full fee student visa, sub class 571)

o   Evidence of the visitor and temporary resident visa (other than sub class 571 referred to above)

o   Evidence of the visa for which the student has applied (if the student holds a bridging visa).


It is strongly encouraged that you advise us immediately of any changes to your child’s status (i.e. name change, place of residence, changes to parent/carer details).

The information provided in Enrolment forms is stored securely in local school and Departmental Databases in accordance with State and Departmental policies to ensure security, privacy and confidentiality.

Additional information: